Paypal Sandbox Guest Checkout Testing

jpapa
Contributor
Contributor

At the end of testing and client needs to work through the flow of guest checkout (credit/debit, not Paypal account) from a simple NVP button. However, I've only managed to get a couple of test transactions to go through and the acceptance of credit card numbers in the sandbox seems random at best. I've created half a dozen sandbox buyer accounts and added multiple cards, most of which never work for testing (I've successfully cleared 2 guest transactions, but no pattern seems to emerge). I've tried random card # generators with no luck at all. I've even used my own card #s and information and still no luck. I've checked that my sandbox business account allows guest checkouts and it does. I need test card data that actually works in the sandbox as guest checkout, with no paypal account login.  I'm frustrated that it's this difficult to test a simple button. 

The most common message is "Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time..." from genericError?code=TRANSACTION_REFUSED, although some errors have been about not being able to use that particular card number, which I assume is because the card is used already elsewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm desparate and about to start testing with real accounts and $$ if I can't find a better way. I just don't think it should be this difficult.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.