PayPal refuses to transfer my US dollars into my bank account because I'm in Canada

JohnDoak
Contributor
Contributor

Customers pay US Dollars (USD) into our PayPal account.  BUT PayPal refuses to pay these  US Dollars (USD)

into my account which IS  ALREADY IN US DOLLARS !     

We pay bills in $ USD in the USA and NEED the money as... guess what- in US DOLLARS ! 

BUT PayPal insists on 'converting' it to Canadian $ (CAD) just cuz I'm north of the border!  AND- at a huge penalty

compared to some banks and foreign exchange services!    To receive my $10,000, Paypal wants to keep

2-3 % and then pay me- my OWN US Dollars-  as Canadian dollars!

Now, when my USD account at TD-bank,receives it- THEY have to RE-convert the Canadian dollars BACK 

INTO USD dollars, costing me 5-6 % OVERALL!  What a Rip-OFF !  Imagine keeping Six HUNDRED $$ of my

money just to send it to me!  (OR I could get a passport, spend 6 hours driving to a US city and opening a US account there

IF Accepted, along with all the income tax hassles etc. and crossing the border twice- every trip; it makes NO Sense!   

* WHY   IS  PAYPAL  SO  PREJUDICED  AGAINST  CANADIANS ? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.