PayPal debit mastercard

Mrbigwop
Contributor
Contributor
I got a email today and dont know if it's real or fake. Says that anyone in Canada will no longer be able to use our debit Mastercard linked to PayPal acount that gave us cash back etc I have had this card for over 10 years and if without notice they are just taking it away is very sad. What reason are they doing this? Email explained nothing, just said 30 days from now card is dead... did trump order this against Canadians now too? **bleep** Canada over again?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Reaper7777
Contributor
Contributor
After 15+ years I got the same email.. WTF PayPal??? The card made it very convenient to have a account... without the card I don’t need the account..this is really unfair
Login to Me Too

Mrbigwop
Contributor
Contributor
EVERYONE who got this needs to write in to PayPal and express there concerns. I just wrote a huge detailed email to them and if enough of us do the same maybe we can save this benefit. I don't think I wanna keep my account of I don't have access instantly to my money I've saved in here. So if everyone could write to them Also please and help fight to keep our cards in Canada. If enough of us say look we are taking our money elsewhere if you cancel our cards maybe they will think twice. Actually I just realized it was a lot longer than 10 years I've had the card I think I got it within the first month of it being offered. They should at least grandfather the original people on or I will get a American address I guess to keep card. Either way, let's start sending as many emails, letters, any form of complaint their way and save the card!
Login to Me Too

Johnnycrash
Contributor
Contributor

@Mrbigwopwrote:
EVERYONE who got this needs to write in to PayPal and express there concerns.

Do you have an email address?? And maybe a copy of what you wrote?? Maybe we can start an email campaign. Everyone can copy and paste and fire it off. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Stephen_L
Contributor
Contributor

I hope this email was just a scam. Perhaps someone from Paypal can verify it. If it is real I would take my money out from my account and convert them to CAD$.

Login to Me Too

Reaper7777
Contributor
Contributor
This was a reply I got ... We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The closure of your Business Debit Mastercard is not a result of anything related to your PayPal account. You may continue to use your PayPal account as normal. Unfortunately, we can no longer support a Business Debit Mastercard in the Canadian market. This is because our agreement with Mastercard has changed. Just so you know, we have received your DM and we answer our DMs in the order that they come in to ensure fairness. -Katelyn
Login to Me Too

Stephen_L
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal do not think it is worthwhile to maintain debit mastercard service for Canadians.

Login to Me Too

Johnnycrash
Contributor
Contributor

This really screws me over. I do not have a credit card. And after waiting 5+ business days to get the money into my account, that will still not allow me to buy on Amazon.ca, or any other on-line retailers, as they don't take debit cards. And I too use it all the time locally to pay for things and at the ATM for cash. Thank you so very much PayPal for this reward for being a loyal client since the beginning.

Any one have any kind of work around for this?? There must be something that can be done. This makes having a PayPal account pretty much useless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.