PayPal charging my bank account, refunding, then NSF charging...

r-a-d
Contributor
Contributor

I spent a few bucks on some Steam games and stuff, etc. There are charges for like $35, $20, etc.

In my bank account I see:

-$35 (okay, my money was taken for the game I bought. Cool.)

+$35 (why did I get my money back?)

-$45 NSF (WTF?!)

There was more than enough money in my account to cover these transactions, and they went through!!! But for some reason PayPal refunded them and then charged NSF to my bank account! I need this reveresed ASAP! I will be deleting my PayPal account following this, forever. Thanks to anyone that helps.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi r-a-d,

I'm sorry to hear about the NSF fees. 😞 That's definitely a concern. When it comes to bank transfers, PayPal requests the money from the bank, but they decide whether to send the funds or block the transfer. PayPal doesn't charge NSF fees, and we wouldn't have returned the transfer - these were both done by your bank. I would advise reaching out to them for more details to see what happened and if they can waive the fee. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

r-a-d
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, sorry for the late response. About a day or two after posting this thread I called PayPal. It was definitely a problem on PayPal's end, not my banks. PayPal kept refunding my money causing my bank to give NSF charges (some how)... I still don't understand what happened. Anyway, the lady on the phone gave me a good hand in getting it sorted out - she made my balance positive and credited me for my purchases and gave me a form to give to the bank in hopes of waiving the NSF fees.

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.