Negative Balance but PayPal Won't Accept Funds Added from Bank

CountryHarbor
Contributor
Contributor

I have a negative balance that I've been trying to rectify since June 2nd.

I added funds from my bank but they were reveresed by PayPal. There was plenty in the bank to cover it.

The bank hit me with a $45 NSF charge as well for that.

I tried adding funds again twice since then - neither have gone through.

I've tried calling the toll-free number for PayPal at least 3 times and each time I've been on hold for 20 minutes or more. At which point, I have to go do something, so I have to hang up. Today I was on hold for about an hour, until I had to go to the bathroom.

I've tried to send an e-mail via the message center, but without a case number, I can't do that.

How can I get this resolved? I've never had a business make it so hard to give them money.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CountryHarbor

Ways to clear a negative balance ( I've deleted the ones already tried).

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal. Tel number =

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CountryHarbor

Ways to clear a negative balance ( I've deleted the ones already tried).

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal. Tel number =

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CountryHarbor
Contributor
Contributor

That's some creative thinking. I like it.

I'll have to give that a shot today. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi CountryHarbor,

To add onto kernowlass' suggestions, you can also resolve a negative balance by sending a check, cashier's check or money order to:

PayPal, Inc.
Attn: Accounting
P.O. Box 45950
Omaha, NE 68145

Please be sure to note the email address of the PayPal account on the check/money order.

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

CountryHarbor
Contributor
Contributor
Shortly after posting this question, the bank transfer was processed. Then a few days later, the second bank transfer was processed.

But I really thought kernowlass' idea was a creative way to solve the issue quickly, which I'm sure would have worked.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.