My Ebay expeirence may be short lived

Randene
Contributor
Contributor

Sold my first item on Ebay, buyer paid quickly, gave feedback.

It is then it went down hill after that.

Tried to print a shipping label, and a customs declaration, also to get a tracking number through Paypal, no go.

Kept getting errors such as "Can not complete your request at this time" etc.

Is this a common problem. I want to seller to know I was having difficulities.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

GwendalynBlue
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar issue which I have reported to Paypal on May.19.17 under a trouble ticket and a a PayPal person is trying to resolve it. I provided them with a screen shot and the html source.

They emailed me a workaround May.22.17, which was much appreciated, but unfortunately the workaround did not work for me, and I have emailed them back asking for further clarification on the suggested workaround.

I believe  sparks1995 is experiencing the same issue, to which I asked three questions to confirm if it is indeed the same issue. Please see below.

sparks1955 wrote:
> Is any one else having problems printing shipping labels today
> I am trying to ship an E Bay item to US. I click ship item, Fill in the measurement and weight. Fill in the Customs info and click pay.
> I get a message saying (Can not Process shipping label at this time . Try again Later).
> This has been since early today. If they would only tell me why they can not print label or tell me how long later is it would not bother me so > > much

Three questions:
Q1.Are you trying to ship using Canada Post?
Q2.Are you able to ship within Canada with no issues?
Q3.Is the full message that comes up in a red bordered frame and dispalys as follows?
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   /!\ Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred:                    
|   We're unable to process your request. Please try later.                            
+------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login to Me Too

GwendalynBlue
Contributor
Contributor

Can you try this potential workaround that I received from ebay support.  It did not work for me but it may work for you.

Change the Default Carrier from Vanada Post to UPS and SAVE.  Change back to Canada Post and SAVE Customer are then able to get passed the error message and purchase and print the label.

To change your default shipping carrier preference, please follow these steps [Note: I edited these steps to make them match the Paypal Canada Site versus the PayPal US site that I was sent]:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click 'SUMMARY' at the top menu bar
3. Under 'Selling Tools', click 'Seller preferences'
4. Under 'Shipping my items' click 'Shipping preferences'
5. Under 'Default Shipping Carrier' select your preference.
6. Click 'Save'

Switch default shipping carrier to No Preference (My Selling Tools (Business) or Seller Preferences link (Personal).  Go back to transaction and create label, respond with Do not have a Canada Post account.  Fill out the form appropriately. If it takes you to a screen saying you already have a Canada Post account. Customer can contact Canada Post to obtain a Customer Number [provided for Canada Post Business Accounts, not for Canada Post Personal accounts.].  With this number, the merchant is now able to link the accounts together.

When adding an existing Canada Post account, remove any leading 0’s. That is while the Canada Post account used by PayPal is 6-digits, for example '123456', the Canada Post  website uses 9 digits, which are created by adding three leading zeros. Meaning the 6-digit Canada Post account '123456' becomes the 9-digit account '000123456'.

Login to Me Too

GwendalynBlue
Contributor
Contributor

I meant to type "Can you try this potential workaround that I received from PayPal support." not ebay support. My apologies to PayPal support.

The Post should read:

Can you try this potential workaround that I received from PayPal support.  It did not work for me but it may work for you.

Change the Default Carrier from Canada Post to UPS and SAVE.  Change back to Canada Post and SAVE Customer are then able to get passed the error message and purchase and print the label.

To change your default shipping carrier preference, please follow these steps [Note: I edited these steps to make them match the PayPal Canada Site versus the PayPal US site that I was sent.]:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click 'SUMMARY' at the top menu bar
  3. Under 'Selling Tools', click 'Seller preferences'
  4. Under 'Shipping my items' click 'Shipping preferences'
  5. Under 'Default Shipping Carrier' select your preference.
  6. Click 'Save'

Switch default shipping carrier to No Preference (My Selling Tools (Business) or Seller Preferences link (Personal).  Go back to transaction and create label, respond with ‘Do not have a Canada Post account’.  Fill out the form appropriately. If it takes you to a screen saying you already have a Canada Post account. Customer can contact Canada Post to obtain a Customer Number [provided for Canada Post Business Accounts, not for Canada Post Personal accounts].  With this number, the merchant is now able to link the accounts together.

When adding an existing Canada Post account, remove any leading 0’s. That is while the Canada Post account used by PayPal is 6-digits, for example '123456', the Canada Post website uses 9 digits, which are created by adding three leading zeros. Meaning the 6-digit Canada Post account '123456' becomes the 9-digit account '000123456'.

Login to Me Too

GwendalynBlue
Contributor
Contributor

I tried a second workaround from Paypal support  and after performing the first of the 3 suggestions - "to clear the browser's browsing history"  I was again able to perform a 'Confirm and Pay' for shipments to the USA and International!!

Now be forwarded that I have only tested in Microsft Edge since I just happened to be in that brwoser. I will test this workaround with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox when I have another parcel going to the US or International to ship.

In Microsoft Edge:

1.Click on the three 'more' dots in the left corner of the top taskbar.

2.Click on 'Settings'.

3.Under 'Clear Browsing History', click on 'Choose what to clear'

I cleared the 'Form data', "Cache data',  'Cookies' and website data' .

Belwo is the body of the email from PayPal support:

"Hello, I have researched the issue you are experiencing and there is a technical issue we are experiencing with our Canada Post shipping option through our site. This is a newer feature and we are still trying to work out some bugs. At this time we have not fixed the issue but have some helpful hints that may allow you to continue to print your label.

First, please try clearing out your browsing history or using a different internet browser. Also, please make sure that all required information is filled out before selecting the agree and pay button.

If you have tried all of these options and are still unable to print then for now we recommend going directly through Canada Post's site to print the labels you need until we are able to resolve this issue overall. It could be a few days before the technical glitches are worked out and I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.