Money pending for security purposes

leaf4life
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has sent me a message that my payment is pending 98% complete and they will release it as soon as i give them a tracking number for UPS OR FEDEX Next delivery from Mississauga Ontario Canada to Hartford WI  USA . They have also included a message from the customer requesting no signature because he might be at work. I have asked them how you justify holding my money for security purposes (their words) and then ask for no signature. What happens if the customer says he did not receive the package (a Camera) Ilose the camera and I donèt get paid?..  Sorry but I don't get it

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leaf4life

THIS SOUNDS LIKE ITS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

leaf4life
Contributor
Contributor

I also sent a copy to spoof@paypal.com  and never received an answer if this was legiitimate all they said was delete any emails that look suspicous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.