Limited account still csnt eithdraw after 180 days

MrAvatin
Contributor
Contributor
So my accou t got limited due to age. Contatcted then to make a student account. After I got my funds they tell me student accounts do not exist in canada. Then account got limited for 180 days. Contacted them, said wait 180 days. After 180 days gets an email to withdraw, 1 day later it got restricted again and said I have to wait 180 days again. Its literally been 1 year and call support and email was just a waste. What can I do?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @MrAvatin!

Thanks for posting your question in the PayPal Community Forums! Account limitations can be frustrating and I apologize for this experience. 😞

When the account of a minor is limited, the account stays limited until the account holder turns 18. Any money in the account may be held for up to 180 days in the event that a dispute or chargeback is filed against the account holder. 

If over 180 days have passed and you've received an email stating that your money is available for withdrawal, you may log into the PayPal account and follow these steps to transfer money to your bank account.

If you have turned 18 or when you turn 18, you can visit the Resolution Center on your PayPal account and upload a government issued photo ID, a drivers license or a passport to verify your age. Once your age has been verified the limitation can be removed, the account can be closed and you may open a new PayPal account. 

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

MrAvatin
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @PayPal_Ashley, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that I got the email to withdraw but as i was doing that i got an error when i added a card. When i came back the next day to try adding my card again it's now limited in a way that i can't add a card.

Login to Me Too

MrAvatin
Contributor
Contributor

MrAvatin
Contributor
Contributor

So, i just got an email and when i checked my paypal I was asked to upload a photo ID. What can i do as a minor?Is there an alternate solution other than a photo ID?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MrAvatin,

I can definitely understand how the continued inability to withdraw funds would be frustrating. If the system is not allowing you to add a card through the self-service options, please contact customer support for assistance. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.