Light packet USA option missing?

mikesdartss
Contributor
Contributor

shipping from Canada and printing the shipping label...the last few days and 1 day last week the light packet to the USA option from the drop down menu is gone..This is the cheapest option and used the most for small items in a bubble mailer..Where is it? and get it back?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Spot-The-Craft
Contributor
Contributor

I just talked to PayPal and they told me to open a technical request and reply here to tell other Canadian sellers to do the same as the more inquires the higher the priority it becomes for the technical department.

Go to www.paypal-techsupport.com/app/ask

Fill the information!

I screen shot the issue and add it too for their reference.

My Question Reference # 170521-000196.  Add this so they know we are all having the same issue.

Hopefully, this gets resolved fast as it is one of my main shipping options too!

~ Crystal 

Login to Me Too

wadeantley
Contributor
Contributor

I just contacted support to, my # is 170522-000400

This issue has been going on for several months, but the last 2 weeks the option for Light Packet has been completly gone.  Very frustrating, I've had to use Small Packet a few times, taking more money out of my pocket.

Login to Me Too

mikesdartss
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly...that $2 more is more than I make on some products...I actually lose money..Might just as well give it away...COME ON PAYPAL GET IT WORKED OUT..MAKE SURE YOUR UPDATES WORK FIRST OR LEAVE US THE OLD WAY.

Login to Me Too

wadeantley
Contributor
Contributor

So I got a email back finally but they basicly said that I had the wrong department.  However, they did give me a phone number.   To paraphrase the Paypal rep, this is a Canada Post issue, they (CP) are updating things, they should have some material out during the first of June talking about it, there is going to be some sort of regestering with Canada Post, Canada Post is trying to catch people that are abusing the Light Packet option by sending things that are too large or heavy....

I recommend contacting Paypal with one of the links below.  And just a FYI if you contact Canada Post, they say it's a Paypal issue (however it's not).  

PayPal Customer Service – Contact Us (General)

PayPal Customer Service – Contact Us (Phone)
Login to Me Too

mikesdartss
Contributor
Contributor

Hey it's back ..get your work done before it goes away again....

Login to Me Too

shingarsilver
Contributor
Contributor

I've submitted a ticket too which also said I sent it to the wrong dept. For me, Light Packet is still not working and just the other day I had an order to Russia and the address that printed was question marks and had to bring it to the Post Office. 

I've been using Light Packet for years, this is so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

mikesdartss
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all that are having this same problem..I has been fixed and I have been able to use for a few days now..So all of your should be working too..Until the next time???

Login to Me Too

Spot-The-Craft
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it seems to be working for me too (now)!

@mikesdartss wrote:

Hey all that are having this same problem..I has been fixed and I have been able to use for a few days now..So all of your should be working too..Until the next time???

Login to Me Too

Secondsilver
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to use the light packet option this week (June 1 2017) was no where to be found. I guess this is still not a priority??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.