Known Issue: Duplicate Bank transfers

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Recently we experienced an issue with our processing bank which resulted in duplicate bank transfers being debited and credited on Canadian bank accounts.  We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. 😞

Our processing bank is working directly with affected banks to rectify the situation as soon as possible.  All erroneous transactions will be corrected and affected customers do not need to take any action at this point and time.

If you were charged an NSF fee as a result of the situation, please contact your bank to see about waiving the fees.  We are also happy to help work with banks to ensure NSF fees related to this issue are reimbursed to affected customers.

PayPal Customer Support can be reached at:

Phone and email:  https://www.paypal.com/ca/contactus

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/askpaypal

Thanks for bearing with us during this issue and thanks for being valued PayPal customers! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

jbear0
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem, and also my balance still negative for about $ 200....Can't understand why...nobody to talk to...getting frustated.....Thinking to involve the justice....police or taki8ng these people to court....I have bank statements to prove it..

Login to Me Too

ShyRonnie
Contributor
Contributor

Well....I guess I know why 200.00 has been attempted to be debited from my bank account now twice - costing me a total of 110.00 in NSF fees. Why the hell wouldn't PayPal just call me and inform me? Also this may not even apply to be as I wasn't making payments, I was GETTING payments from work. Going back I can see that it appears that they deposited the money twice and because it was amongst several other payments from other sources (I'm a Freelancer with several clients) I didn't even notice. All of this could have been prevented with a simple phone call or email and I got nothing.

Really upset now because my bank is refusing to waive the fees any longer although they have reversed the payment again. Yet my PayPal account reflects absolutely none of these attempts to take payments. I'm so confused now I'm considering filing a fraud report with my bank.

Login to Me Too

midge59
Contributor
Contributor

I just opened my bank on line and there is TWO $45 fees taken from it to PayPay!!!  Why did this happen? I cannot affored that coming out of my account!!! I would appreciate it if this was resolved ASAP!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.