I want to remove my bank account.

Antonality
Contributor
Contributor

"You cannot remove this bank account because it currently has a pending transaction. This transaction may take up to 6-8 days to complete, at which time you will be able to remove the bank account. Please try again after the transaction has been completed."

Where do I find this "pending transaction?" I want to cancel it, whatever it is.

The reason I want to detach my bank account from my PayPal account is because some fraudster is trying to use my PayPal account to withdraw funds from my bank account. So this is an urgent issue.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Cynthia13
New Community Member

I have the same problem, although I have no pending transactions on that account (or any other account) and I have no reason to believe there is someone fraudulently trying to take a payment out.  All I need to do is remove the account.  The automated customer phone service is horrible, horrible.  Cut off the call twice at the point where I could speak to an agent.  Then when I just enter "0" to finally get to an agent, it's a 2-hour wait!  So then if you select the email contact, they immediately emailed me back with instructions how to remove an account - that don't work and that's the reason why I emailed!  Ugh. PayPal's customer service is terrible to the point that I am considering deleting the account and just risking using my credit card directly online.  It's all fine as long as you don't have a problem...

Login to Me Too

OmegaV4
New Community Member

I had this issue as well.  I was able to call and get it resolved.  One thing you can look for is if you have any pre-authorized payments.

Click on the gear by the Log-Out button.  Then click on Payments, then click on Manage Pre-Approved Payments.  It will take you to the old PayPal site, but it will list all of your pre-authorized payments.  I had a few on there that were "active" even though no payments had been made.  Once I cancelled all of them, the account was able to be removed.

Hope that helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.