I am unable to add my Canadian bank account

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a member of paypal for many many years. I closed a bank account a while ago, and want to add my new one, for whatever reason I keep getting a message that I cannot add a bank account at this time.

I called pay pal 2 weeks ago and was on the phone with them for some time - they couldn't figure it out either.

I would like to get my money out of pay pal and have no way of doing so.

I dont even get the opton of viewing my old bank account to delete it.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

Had closed an old account, having being trying for a couple of weeks to add the new ccount.

Was on the phone for over an hour with Pay Pal costing me over 25.00 for long distance fees on my cell phone.

They couldn't figure this out either.

I would like to get my money out of Pay Pal and into my account. The only option I see now is opening up a pay pal account in my husbands name, and in his other bank account to get my money out. Would RATHER have access to my funds without having to do this.

Pay Pal has not addressed this problem, my calling them was costly and useless - not satisfied right now at all.

Any recommendations? Suggestions????

Login to Me Too

Cheryl_Dee
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure you were trying to add your bank account to PayPal Canada?  I had a similar problem and discovered that I was trying to add my bank account to PayPal UK.

@problems2 wrote:

Had closed an old account, having being trying for a couple of weeks to add the new ccount.

Was on the phone for over an hour with Pay Pal costing me over 25.00 for long distance fees on my cell phone.

They couldn't figure this out either.

I would like to get my money out of Pay Pal and into my account. The only option I see now is opening up a pay pal account in my husbands name, and in his other bank account to get my money out. Would RATHER have access to my funds without having to do this.

Pay Pal has not addressed this problem, my calling them was costly and useless - not satisfied right now at all.

Any recommendations? Suggestions????

Login to Me Too

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

I had a Canadian bank account in there. In the drop down or area it says Country - Canada.

I went through the whole process with the people at Pay Pal twice.

My funds are converted from U.S. funds to Canadian funds.

Not one of the reps told me I was on the wrong Pay Pal site, or anything like that. Surely they would have???

As I said I had a Canadian bank account attached to it before, so I don't see why this is now such a complicated issue.

I tried several things, the name of the Bank, and tried my own name that is on the chequing account, Nothing is working.

It's beyond frustrating. They can't figure it out either.

Login to Me Too

Mozart
Contributor
Contributor

For Canadians adding a Canadian bank account to (US)paypal.com accounts.

Note: back tranfers numbers in Canada are only four digits long, whereas US bank tranfers numbers are five. Phone your bank and ask for the correct format to fill out the form on paypal. You have to add a zero to the number. (I just forget whether or not it is before your regular number or after as in: 01234 or 12340, my bank always has to remind me.)

Login to Me Too

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure that is what it is - I had a bank account on there and did not have to change anything for the transit number.

In the area where it says Bank name - I put in the Bank, I aso tried adding my name as it is on my bank, because it said something about adding 'your name' as it appears on bank statements.

I have a joint bank account with hubby so added his name as well as tried only adding mine.

Nothing has worked.

From my last experience and in the 2 phone calls I had with PayPal as they 'walked me through it' they said it is the name of the bank that I needed to add, yet researching it, it said something else.

Getting very frustrated with this - I will try what you suggested in contacting my bank.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Maisy888
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problems.  I had to delete my existing Canadian Bank Account and am trying to add another Canadian Bank Account.  Getting the same error message.  PayPal Can't add it for me because it is not a US account.  Did you have any luck in getting your account added?  I feel like they have stolen my money that I have in my account.  I also had to stop my Ebay Auctions until this is resolved.  If I can't get my money out, I;m not putting more money in!

Login to Me Too

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

@Maisy888 wrote:

I am having the same problems.  I had to delete my existing Canadian Bank Account and am trying to add another Canadian Bank Account.  Getting the same error message.  PayPal Can't add it for me because it is not a US account.  Did you have any luck in getting your account added?  I feel like they have stolen my money that I have in my account.  I also had to stop my Ebay Auctions until this is resolved.  If I can't get my money out, I;m not putting more money in!

I STILL cannot add my bank account. I really NEED my hard earned money. I am considering sending the money to a friend or family member, they can pay me back. And will then I'll close my pay pal account.

This is past ridiculous. The fact that Pay Pal isn't doing anything more to help besides sending me the very same steps, repeatedly is extremely frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Maisy888
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your frustration...I can't believe there is no support out there and when I contact PP they cannot help.  I'll keep this feed alive and maybe someone can help.  I'll let you know if I can resolve it.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

@Maisy888 wrote:

I feel your frustration...I can't believe there is no support out there and when I contact PP they cannot help.  I'll keep this feed alive and maybe someone can help.  I'll let you know if I can resolve it.

Thanks.

Thanks...I called them twice. Cost me an hour on the cell phone the first time. That was 25.00 right there. And nothing was resolved. 2nd call was more useless than the first.

It would be wise if Pay Pal support read the forums and someone could offer advice here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.