How do I remove "Business Account" Type?

ThaSource
New Community Member

I want to downgrade from business account. I really don't have a business and it's useless to have such an account. How would I go about removing it?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have two options, you can contact customer support direct with your concerns and they can assist with the downgrade or you can close the account and open a new one.

Login to Me Too

The_Vulcan
Contributor
Contributor
I wish it was that easy. I have asked 3 times myself for this to be done. It hasnt been done and i have never had a single response to my 3 requests. Its like no works at Paypal.
Login to Me Too

pauisanoun
New Community Member

It was pretty easy. I just called right now and you have to answer a couple of automated questions, but I got through to a live help person and she was able to change my account type from business to personal right away. The whole phone call took less than three minutes.

Login to Me Too

lotusvibe
Contributor
Contributor
So the only answers are to call? I tried messaging customer support as well, and got How To- update your address? Like really? This should be simple by now... There should be a self removable button.
Login to Me Too

vokey
New Community Member

I really need to downgrade mine too

Login to Me Too

Teebs82
New Community Member
I'm in the same boat. Not really a business but had to setup a biz account to receive money once. I think it really stinks that there isn't a way to remove or deactivate the business account online. There's a 42-64 min wait on hold right now so they are calling me back (hopefully) to help with this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.