Help....live in Canada, want to sell US tickets

ryanthomas
New Community Member

Hi, hoping someone can help me out. I live in Canada, but have tickets for a couple events in Seattle that I am unable to attend. (we have season tickets but  are out of town for a couple of the shows)  

I was going to sell my tickets via stubhub. The only option there is to get paid to a paypal account. I have a paypal account but havent used it in years. In reading online from what I can gather, paypal doesnt send money to a linked credit card? They only send money to a bank account linked to your paypal account?  but then it says you have to be in the same currency to transfer funds? Does this mean I need a US bank account? Is this my only option to sell tickets and get paid?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanthomas

If you have the option you can list the items for sale and request Canadian dollars OR if you have to accept USD then make sure you add USD as a receiving currency on your paypal account and then you can ''convert'' them to your currency once they hit your paypal balance.

To do both you click on this icon (>) next to your paypal balance and then select ''manage currencies'' under the pop up box, in there you will see the list of currencies you can add to your paypal account as a receiving currency AND the option to convert that currency to the right.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.