Fraudulent use of my number - wake up PayPal!

Internaut
Contributor
Contributor

My phone number, that I have had for 25 years is being used by a scammer with an account at PayPal as a contact person.
I contacted PayPal and was told they would contact the "owner" of the account. Good luck!  Don't be surprised if I answer the phone (But PayPal doesn't get it.)

After a year and a bit, PayPal's best answer is for me to to change MY phone number, along with cards, letterhead, websites, and other business downtime costs. The offender whom was easy to contact,  denies using the number, denies it is on their "system": and don't care. If they don't care, it would mean to a sane person that they don't want their real number to show - sound odd yet?
PayPal (PP) continues to allow them to carry on their business expecting that "change your phone number" solved the issue.

Any ideas to help, other than my changing MY end, would be greatly appreciated.  I would like to post the PayPal executive board home phone numbers on a few of my sites see how they like it. But they get to hide their private information - even from PP.  😉

i

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.