Do additional users on a business account need a valid phone number?

ComputerWhiz
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business PayPal account to sell goods online through our online store. I'd like to setup user accounts for them with restricted access so they can see orders and manage shipping, etc. I have one employee setup, but they are a remote employee and work from their home, not our business address. For the street address, I provided N/A and I simply supplied their province and postal code.

When I was finished making the account, PayPal said I need to verify the user's account before they will have access. I clicked verify and it wants me to enter their occupation, which I don't have an issue doing and I simply selected their N/A address from the dropdown menu when it asked for that. However, it wants a phone number for that account. I don't even have a business phone number and I don't want to provide the employees personal number.

Does PayPal actually need a valid number or can I just enter 123-456-7890 or 555-555-5555 to fill in that field so I can verify the account and give my employee access?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.