Closed claim reopen

ahajjaj1
New Community Member

Today 12th June was deadline I respond to a dispute I opened against a seller. He never responded. I logged on today to file a claim since seller never replied only to find out Paypal saying case is closed already. I tried to make another claim but it won't let me as it said there is a preior dispute which is closed. How can I make a dispute so I can escalate to a claim?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahajjaj1

You have up to 20 days to escalate a dispute to a claim, if it reaches 20 days and you have not escalated it then it ''times out''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ahajjaj1
New Community Member

I do understand that. My problem is today is actually the 20th day from when I filed the dispute (which was May 23). Yes my problem for not filing a claim earlier but I honestly wanted to give seller more time to answer so I said by the deadline which is today I will escalate to a claim. And when I wanted to do that I found out Paypal already closed the case.. effectively giving me 19 days.

Login to Me Too

ahajjaj1
New Community Member

And I do appreciate your time and effort trying to shed some light on this issue. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahajjaj1

You are very patient, the most I have ever given before escalating is 10 days.

But it says on paypal >>

If you don’t resolve or escalate a dispute within 20 days it will be closed.

So once day 20 arrives its closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

asadi
New Community Member

my dispute was escalated,but my dispute was with buyer that why i should pay for return shipping.the case started in oct 2016 with a seller company who sell auto parts WITHIN USA namely LUCKY 8.First the company agreed for return shipping label,but latter back out,in spite of numerous calls with not attending to pick up my calls.All this happening was duly informed with the resolution center.Mean while my dispute case was closed.later on I returned the auto parts by spending around 100 dollars through US postal authorities.Overall i spend Around 500 dollars .original cost of parts 400+100 return cost.I again contacted the disputed dept and request them to reopen the case and intervene into the matter to at least get the original cost refunded by giving them all tracking numbers of postal authorities.First they agreed to reopen  but latter on informed me that they can not  by advising that i should directly deal with them.TILL TODAY THERE IS NO RESPONSE FROM SELLER,even through Postal authorities of Newyork.THE SELLER IS STILL DEALING WITH PAPAL,BUT I AM UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED FROM PAPAL FOR NOT HELPING HIS another customer,who has been defrauded.Need less to mention here that during this run and go I wrote all this happening on papal Facebook account and even tweeted the CO of papal,but with no response.SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.