Can't Accept Personal Payments

RandomForumName
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, when I try to send my friend money, I get message says 'Sorry, this recipient can’t accept personal payments.' I tried to change the payment from USD to ILS (he's from Israel), and it didn't work. He has already confirmed his email address, and it still doesn't work. Help?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are sending using funds in your paypal account balance then it has to be in his own currency so if you have converted it to his currency have you allowed enough to cover currency conversion / cross border fees?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nave
New Community Member

Can someone please provide an answer to this issue. I used to live in Hungary and opened my account there, now i opened a new account in Israel and want to transfer my paypal balance to it but I cant. It says "

Sorry, this recipient can’t accept personal payments." 

Login to Me Too

ernanda91
New Community Member

Bump.

Having the same problem. Contacted paypal from my country and they say my account is not personal and I can receive with no problems at all. So still have no idea what is happening.

Login to Me Too

rajesh1502
New Community Member

Hi

I got this error Sorry, this recipient can’t accept personal payments

Login to Me Too

LuizAf
New Community Member

I received the same error message: "Sorry, this recipient can’t accept personal payments." 

Any clues? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.