Can not add CIBC bank account to my paypal account

jusgivithere
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I try to add my CIBC bank account to my paypal account I first enter the card number and password and it recognizes my account and brings up my checking and savings and asks me to click which ones I want to add, I click on the checking and then click to confrim adding the account.   Then paypal seems to **bleep** up and reverts me back to the old add bank account page where you enter the transit number, institution ID and bank account number,  so I do that and then I get the error message " we are sorry but we can not add your bank account at this time, try again later"  over and over.

I call paypal support they just give the same "advice" if you can call it that to just keep trying and it will eventually work.

Well I have been trying for 2 and a half weeks and it never goes through.

A google search easily shows this issue has been ongoing for people for over a year and Paypal does nothing to fix it.

It is a very unacceptable and poor level of service that Paypal offers when they are not competent enough to get a programmer to go and fix the glitch and instead just tell everyone to keep trying because maybe it works like 1 out of 1000 times.  

I don't know what else to say,  I am extremely dissatified with the lack of effort on paypal's part to resolve this issue.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get this resolved?

Again all customer service tells you do is keep trying,  which is pathetically bad way of dealing with this important problem.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have you tried using a different web browser or even another computer (just to see if it makes a difference).

Login to Me Too

jusgivithere
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have tried 5 different web browsers and other computers.

THis is an issue on Paypals end.  It is documented.  I found another thread in here where 3 different people were having the same problem,  one of them got a direct number to some guy at paypal named David who fixed the issue for them and said it was some security issue on paypals end.   ALthough it seems Paypal has deleted this telehpone number out of the thread!!!

Such a **bleep** joke this place is

Login to Me Too

jusgivithere
Contributor
Contributor

THIS IS A COMMON RECURRING PROBLEM FOR CANADIAN USERS THAT PAYPAL REFUSES TO FIX AND DOES THEIR BEST TO DELETE THE SOLUTION FROM THE INTERNET LOL WHAT THE **bleep** YOU PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

jusgivithere
Contributor
Contributor

Danareno58
New Community Member
My rounding number is 073972181
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.