Bank account Payment question.

NovaStar
Contributor
Contributor

So here is the deal. Made two payments, one for USD 60 and the other for 30 on friday and saturday. It is now sunday afternoon and Paypal has not yet taken the money from my checking account. I only have enough in my account for these two payments.

Here is the question.

I want to buy lunch, I get paid tuesday morning, what happens if I take say 30 bucks from my bank leaving only enough for payment of one purchase, and they charge me on monday?

Do my payments decline for insufficient funds? or do they simply overdraft my bank? I can deal with an overdraft. It would be paid on tuesday anyways.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NovaStar

They may well put your paypal account into negative and limit your account until you pay them back again.

Then they may remove your right to fund paypal payments via your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NovaStar
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a woman on the phone with Paypal, and she said more then likely it would take the funds. And then overdraft my bank attempting to take the rest of the funds missing. She also said it takes 3 to 5 days to clear as I am canadian. Which is good news, since I get paid in little over a day. I dont want to **bleep** paypal, but if it wont bill me now or monday(weekends dont count it seems) I should be fine to spend a little.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.