Okay everyone, so it seems like I CANNOT add a US bank account to a CANADIAN PayPal account. I just got off the phone with a customer service agent from PayPal who refused to let me speak to a supervisor. She confirmed after 45 MINUTES that this could not be done. She claims there is NO WAY a US bank account can be added to a Canadian PayPal account. So, am I to assume that AMERICANS cannot do business in their own currency if they live in CANADA?! Does anyone else think this is insane? Does someone have a solution? If not, then let me confirm that according to PAYPAL, YOU CANNOT ADD A US BANK ACCOUNT TO A CANADIAN PAYPAL ACCOUNT. There.
I'm sorry for any confusion on this. Canadian accounts can add a US bank account, although the system may disallow the attempt and you would have to contact customer service to have an override placed. You can reach us via phone, email, Facebook, and even Twitter!
I don't normally copy and paste instructions off of our site, but here's how to add a US bank account, word for word. These instructions are for the new, updated website.
"Here’s how to add a US bank account to your Canadian PayPal account:
If you enter the numbers manually or you don't see an option for instant bank confirmation, we’ll confirm your bank account by sending 2 small deposits to the bank account you want to confirm.
After 2 to 3 business days, review your bank statement or contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online.
Here’s how to complete the confirmation process online:
Note: The random deposits are temporary and will eventually be debited from your bank account. You need to confirm your bank account before you can move money from your bank account to your PayPal account.
You need to confirm your bank account before you can move money from your bank account to your PayPal account."
Paypal_Adrian, could you please tell me exactly what to say to paypal customer service? I.E. What am I having them override? Do they specifically need to unblock my US bank(Bancorp)?
I have called customer service twice already. Once they told me I could not add a US account(not true, I know, why would they even give the option) and the second time they told me they had reset something and to try again in half an hour. I'm still receiving the "cannot add a bank account at this time" error. I'm travelling to the US next month and would really like to withdraw my US funds there. Thanks
I am TOTALLY confused.
1) VERY annoyed that as an International business in Canada I cannot sell in US $ and deposit the receipts in my Cdn US $ account.
2) I note in your response of 4/21/2011 to francis3764 that you refer to 'laws and regulations' and that you are 'required to convert any funds ...into that country's local currency'
3) Despite many threads from Canadian based businesses that conduct 90 - 100% of their transactions in US$, you have remained steadfast that this is a legal issue, out of the hands of PP.
4) In this thread you advise someone on how to do this very thing, (unless I am wrong.)
5) Considering that these 'rulings' are 100% in PP's favour - in effect forcing PP to collect fees and adding to PP's revenues, and your statements above, I question the validity of these 'laws'.
6) My company has been in the International consulting business for the past 20+ years, conducting 100% of my business in US funds from my operations in Canada. In no situation have I had ANY problems depositing US $ receipts directly into my Canadian bank US $account. Nor have I ever incurred extra exchange fees. Depositing US $ into a US $ account is a completely normal business transaction.
7) My present internet based retail business is again conducted 100% in US $, and I find it completely unacceptable that you feel it necessary to charge me exchange fees when I have local deposit facilities in US $.
Please respond to my concerns.
Note that you are not the only provider of this service and that you are speaking to the Canadian business community in your response.
Please review this thread:
Sorry I had no other way to contact you other than through this forum.
I can't withdraw about 900 USD in my Canadian PayPal account for the last 3 years. I talked to customer service many times and nobody could resolve my issue and they keep telling me that my account is OK.... I simply can't add a Canadian bank account to my PayPal accout, maybe due to the fact that it's an old PayPal account with a USA bank account linked to it.
so I am at my wits' end. Please help!
About five weeks ago I spoke to someone who told me that in order to deposit USD into a USD bank account that bank needs to be in the US. Today I finally got my US Bank account open and ready to set-up with PayPal. When I tired to do it online I received an error. Then I call for help and I spoke to two different people today who both told me that using a US Bank with a Canadian PayPal account was not possible.
The second person I spoke to today worked with me and dug deep, very lovely (Shawna). After several trips back and forth to her supervisor she came back and made a couple of 'adjustments' to my account and then I was able to add it no problem.
It IS POSSIBLE to do this.
Hope this can help you.
I've spent two days trying to replicate the success others have had with getting PayPal reps to help them link their US based USD account to their Canadian Paypal. And now one of the reps just straight up lied to me multiple times. I understand the company policy must be something along the lines of, "get the customer to pay our exchange rate fees no matter what"....but this is absurd. I'm being forced to convert from USD to CAD at an absurd rate which costs me nearly 2k in transaction fees. It's robbery, and even though I know there is a way around it based on evidence from here (which is a freakin Paypal site!!) and also from other forums online, PayPal reps are being wholly uncooperative. It's gross.
what is the us. account is a savings acctount, and there is no routing numbers since it is not a chequing account ?
Even Savings accounts have routing numbers. It would be the same routing number as the one for the chequing account. I'm an American and have done this many times without a problem.
With whom should we contact i paypall to make an adjustment that will allow to connect our US BANK account to our Canadia Paypal ? Customer service tell us that this impossible but there is this forum and offer at account linking form! Please help us !