"Sorry, this payment option isn't available." eBay Message

TmF1979

Just bought an eBay item and tried to pay via PayPal. This is the message I'm given:

"Sorry, this payment option isn't available."

The seller accepts PayPal. It's listed right there as a payment option, but eBay isn't accepting my login. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

victorino888
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue here, any resolutions?

Login to Me Too

lupiac
New Community Member

One possible (likely) answer: Paypal's internal security systems are blocking the transaction. Not because of your account, but because of concerns with the seller's account. 

I just hit this issue myself.

To check it wasn't an issue with my account, I bought another item and paid through paypal. Went through fine.

I then tried again with the original item, same problem.

To check it wasn't a problem with paying via paypal from a bank account, changed to paying via paypal from a credit card. Same problem.

So, for the first time, I called Paypal customer service.

Plesantly surprised that the call was answered immediately. The CSR could see the details of the failed transaction.

He informed me that Paypal's security systems may block a transaction for a variety of reasons. Was at pains to point out that this does not mean the transaction is necessariy a risky one for the buyer - but it could be. Obviously for privacy reasons he could not disclose if there were prior issues with this particular seller. But, with some tactful questioning and tactful answering, the implication is that there have been prior issues with this seller and so Paypal is blocking the payment. 

The item I'm buying is a software activation key and download, from a seller with limited feedback. It may be that the lack of feedback coupled with the type of transaction is what sets off the flag in the system, or it may be that Paypal has had to refund previous transactions with this seller.

In my case, I'm just going to pay via credit card directly and if there's a problem institute a chargeback -  I need the software urgently, can't wait a week for the box to arrive, plus it's only $30 so ultimately I'm prepared to risk it.

If other users hit this issue, I'd suggest calling Paypal customer service straight off. Despite clearly being in an overseas call centre, the call was answered immediately and the CSR was helpful and knowledgable. 

Login to Me Too

maxkaner
New Community Member

its painful and unacceptable excuse from paypal as seller has no negative feedback still its causing the same **bleep**. thinking to find alternate solution. day by day paypal is getting more worse.

Login to Me Too

Johno88
New Community Member
Having the same problems and error messaging when trying to pay with PayPal I won’t even bother using PayPal from Now on... disappointment
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.