my refund now says canceled!

boxer951
Contributor
Contributor
Hi.i recently bought an irulu tablet from ebay using my debit card but through paypal.well i received the tablet but it was defective so i contacted the seller and he sent me a return label paid shipping to my email,so i sent the tablet back and i told the seller too that the tablet was on its way,so he issued a refund on paypal even though he still hadn't received the tablet and on my paypal it said pending refund till march 4 which is also the date when the tablet will get back to the seller,anyhow so i went today march 4 to see if my refund money is not pending anymore and it was gone i looked forbtue refund,i found it and it said it was canceled,so i dont know what to do since he will get the tablet today and i still don't have my refund.please help.i don't know whether to open a dispute with ebay or paypal?also i tried contacting the seller and he doesn't answer me back.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

He is talking rubbish. Paypal do not remove refunds, refunds only fail if a seller does not have enough funds in their paypal balance or bank account to fund that refund.

DO NOT cancel the dispute, in fact if you don't get a CLEARED refund in a few days then escalate it to a claim.

He is perfectly able to refund you whilst the dispute is ongoing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh dear, it would have been better if you had filed a dispute to keep it official.

By the seller sending you the label means that you won't have a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

File a dispute by all means but not guaranteed you will get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

boxer951
Contributor
Contributor
I'm replying back....Oh,actually the seller did send me the label to my email and from there i downloaded the label and got it printed out and i still have all the proof that i did send the item back to them,i kept track of the item everyevery single day till it got delivered barely today.i remember the seller telling me in an email that they take about two business days to send out my refund because they have to first receive the item and then they have to get an aproval from their manager,so basically 2 days from when they receive the item back and i understand that it hasn't been 2 days yet but then why would the seller send me a pending refund to my paypala and then remove it once they got the tablet back?are they scammers?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

no idea if they are scammers or not.

could just be that they did not have enough funds in their bank account when they processed the refund.

contact them and ask plus wait the 2 days they told you to and if no refund then file a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

boxer951
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply.well at first i was sure that they weren't scammers since it seems like a huge company but after reading afew of his bad reviews it made me worry so i ended up opening a dispute amd i also let him know and he finally replied back saying that paypal removed my refund and that he cam resend the refund as soon as paypal stops the review cuz he cannot send it until my case isnt being reviewed anymore so I'm guessing he wants me to remove the dispute and then he can send me the refund but what if i close the dispute and he still doesn't pay me,i won't be able to open the dispute again.so i don't know what to do.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

He is talking rubbish. Paypal do not remove refunds, refunds only fail if a seller does not have enough funds in their paypal balance or bank account to fund that refund.

DO NOT cancel the dispute, in fact if you don't get a CLEARED refund in a few days then escalate it to a claim.

He is perfectly able to refund you whilst the dispute is ongoing.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

boxer951
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thanks,i will not remove the dispute and if he doesn't refund my money in afew days i will file a claim on him.i just hope that once i file a claim i can get my money back,hopefully you guys/paypal can resolve this for me.once again thank you so much.God bless you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.