Withdrawals from my bank account.

Teemo15
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I recently made a purchase but I had the incorrect source listed to withdraw funds from (I had bank account selected instead of PayPal balance). I had the seller cancel the purchase within 10 hours of the sale and I selected PayPal balance and re-did the sale. However, days later PayPal is attempting to get funds from my bank account, causing me to be charged with insufficient funds charges. Is there anyway to correct this or be reimbursed? I caught my mistake within 10 hours but the system is punishing me for it and may attempt another withdrawal tomorrow, further driving me into poverty! Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Teemo15,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that a payment was made utilizing the bank when you intended to select your balance.

When a bank-funded payment is sent, the process involving the bank is automatic and cannot be stopped. Even if the payment is refunded, the original request to the bank is still made, along with the second request that occurs any time a bank returns a response of insufficient funds. That entire process is part of the same action that takes place when the payment is initiated, and a refund does not affect it. 

While PayPal never charges insufficient funds fees and therefore does not have the option to waive them, if you explain the situation to the bank, they may be willing to waive the fee as a customer service measure. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.