Visa Card on Paypal Account

JoesUserName
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I got a quick question for anyone who knows:

I have a Visa card linked to my Paypal account. If I wanted to buy something off a website that accepted only Paypal, would the cost of the item I was buying be sent to the paypal account, and then to the Visa card? Or would I be notified that this isn't possible? How does it work? I don't wanna get caught with my pants hanging and cause trouble for making a mistake.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Dustin

Hi JoesUserName,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 🙂

That's a good question. The purchase amount would be directly charged to the card. The payment would then be sent out via PayPal. The recipient would receive the payment into their PayPal account. The seller will only see your name, email address, and shipping address. If the card issuer declines your payment you will know immediately. I hope that helps. 🙂

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Dustin

Hi JoesUserName,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 🙂

That's a good question. The purchase amount would be directly charged to the card. The payment would then be sent out via PayPal. The recipient would receive the payment into their PayPal account. The seller will only see your name, email address, and shipping address. If the card issuer declines your payment you will know immediately. I hope that helps. 🙂

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

JoesUserName
Contributor
Contributor

Hey man, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks a million! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

blnd_star
New Community Member

I have been trying for the last hour and a half to buy something online that only takes paypal, I linked a Visa gift card to my paypal account but it's not letting me verify my bank account to make my pay pal account active. Therefore my purchase will not complete. When I go to summary, it says my bank account is active. wtf? Help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.