Urgent Help Needed Regarding Customer Service, Negative Account Balance, and Sending Money n

Selena24
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have had a negative balance on my paypal account for a while, and I received an email from PayPal saying that my bank account would be charged to resolve the balance. I have however had funds multiple times in my bank account since then and yet the account was never charged. I now need to send a sum of money to someone from my paypal account, and my assumption is that my bank account will be charged directly (since there are no funds in the PayPal account) and an eCheck will be issued. Would it be possible for PayPal to charge my account for both the negative balance and the payment?

This has not been the case, and I have received the error: "We can't send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal". I tried calling customer service and after going through the automated phone service, I am told that my account is being managed by a partner company and I was directed to speak to them via phone. I was put on hold for three long hours without a response. I do not even know the name of the company, such that I can try reaching them in an alternative manner. 

Does anyone know how I can speak via phone to an actual human being from customer service? My matter is really urgent and it's just best and quickest to explain it to someone. Are there any advisors from paypal who can help me out here?

* My Pressing Questions:

1) Would it be possible for PayPal to charge my account for both the negative balance and the payment?

2)  Has anyone been in this situation before, and if I were to receive an amount of money for my paypal account in order to resolve the negative balance, would I be able to deposit it right away?

3) Supposing I am able to resolve the negative balance, would I be able to resolve this issue on my own thereafter?

Thanks in advance for reading this very long post. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Selena24

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Selena24

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Selena24
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass   Thank you for responding to my post. So, once I clear the negative balance wil I be able to send money to someone without having to go through PayPal customer service?

Thank You.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Selena24

I would think so but as i don't work for paypal and can't see your account or know the reason for the neg balance only customer services can say for sure.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Selena24
Contributor
Contributor

I see, thank you so much. Will clear my balance now, and I hope all will go well. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.