Trying to buy gift

Dechert360

I'm sure this might of been answered already and I do apologize but I'm on a time crunch right now and couldn't find a direct answer. 

My PayPal has always been linked to my bank and I just added a prepaid Visa to my PayPal wallet. The item I want to buy is 240 and the prepaid card I added has around 150. 

My question is when checking out if I choose to use the prepaid card will it use the balance on the card first and then substitute the rest with the funds from my bank account? 

Thank you in advance 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dechert360,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry that the post was not answered immediately by the community. I'm happy to help with some info.

It is not possible to split a payment between two external payment methods. It is, however, possible to charge a portion to your balance and the remainder to a bank or card. The balance would be used first and the remainder would be charged to the backup payment method, as long as that is what is selected in the payment screen at the time of payment. It is not possible to use only a portion of the balance and then charge a portion to an external payment method. PayPal also does not know the balances of any bank accounts or credit cards associated with your account, so it's not possible to only charge what is existent in a prepaid balance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.