Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

seaslug04

I completely agree. I have had this issue constantly with no end for three months. I sell software for online games, and I need to buy tools to help me with development, or pay a subscription, etc etc but it never works! I have $3,000 sitting in my account right now that I own in full and PayPal won't let me access it because of their **bleep** "security measures"! I am astounded that they have not been sued multiple times over, or provided a constantly working solution to the problem. Even when presenting operators with my tax number, social security and photo ID they will not let me access the money! "There is nothing we can do" PayPal is wild and I'm going to switch to circle the minute I get my 3k. Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Login to Me Too

CandyGambles

mao my payments arent working ;(

Login to Me Too

Fgawaran
Contributor
Contributor
pls help i am new in paypal and i receive payment last night and i would like to buy in online shop but when i click checkout i cant pay the shop it always say sorry we cant complete your purchase at this time pls return to the merchant
Login to Me Too

gmackhurry
Contributor
Contributor
You may as well forget about it. I have been trying for a week with no results. 4 phone calls and a few emails I was still told sorry can't help because the security is doing it. It is now just ridiculous. I tried to close my account and it won't let me do that either. All I can do is laugh at this point. I hope you resolve your problem.
Login to Me Too

jodistef613
Contributor
Contributor

Yep me too have mad over 6 phone calls, plus when i E TRANSFER funds from my bank ..my bank shows when they sent it takes PayPal 3 more days BEFORE U EVEN SEE IT and I know electronic transfer THEY HAVE IT SAME DAY wth are they HOLDING OUR MONEY FROM US FOR??????????? 

Login to Me Too

jodistef613
Contributor
Contributor

SAME TRIED FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT never did work I GAVE UP 

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525E
Not working for me
Login to Me Too

tintulip
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same problem at vitacost.com. The merchant website said they have been having lots of issues with customers trying to pay with PayPal. Great. 

Login to Me Too

mikemike998
Contributor
Contributor

same issues with eastbay.com with paypal credits

Login to Me Too

jgold723
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with a button I created for my own site. When I try to test it by making an actual purchase, I get the error. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.