Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

RobsPlayz
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe a Personal acc with steps will help

Login to Me Too

PiggyIsBoss
Contributor
Contributor

Is it an international transaction? Yes

What country are you in? Belgium

What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account? Bank account

What funding source are you trying to use? Bank account

Are all your funding sources confirmed? yes

Is your email address confirmed? yes

Is this a recent problem or are you a new user? I didn't have it at all and than it started

Login to Me Too

WeZ2

Is it an international transaction? No

What country are you in? United States

What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account? A Visa Gift card and money a friend gave to me

What funding source are you trying to use? My paypal wallet balance

Are all your funding sources confirmed? Yes

Is your email address confirmed? Yes

Is this a recent problem or are you a new user? New User

Login to Me Too

Is it an international transaction? Yes

What country are you in? Canadá

What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account? 1 Credit Card

What funding source are you trying to use? Credit Card

Are all your funding sources confirmed? Yes

Is your email address confirmed? Yes

Is this a recent problem or are you a new user? New User

Login to Me Too

Jub3s
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue i've called multiple times and have got a different answer each time the most recent one was because I have been inactive for a long period of time. I can't purchase anything for anywhere. And aparently the only way they can fix it is if you become active on the website.. But you can't be active when you can't buy anything with your own money..

Login to Me Too

Something_
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the exact same issue on the exact same site wth some different contact info. 

Login to Me Too

NickT85
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem!!!

I called PayPal help and the lady was really nice, but there was very little she could do to help. It's a security measure apparently and nobody has anyway of over riding it!!!! Mental, the machines have total control over money!

I have money I've put in to my paypal that I can't spend anywhere and all us mere humans can suggest to fix this is 'to wait 24 hours and it MIGHT work then', or 'try smaller amounts like 5 pounds next time'! I was only trying to deposit 25 pounds in a betting account, hardly Mr high roller!

This is a real pain as all the money I have at the moment is in paypal.

Login to Me Too

Something_
Contributor
Contributor

Well I put in multiple payments of $10 and it worked so thanks for that. 😄

Login to Me Too

Nata09
New Community Member

How did you do that? I don't understand, I'm having the same problem

Thanks

Login to Me Too

nkd
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal should be sued for this and have a lawsuit on their hands. Absolutely no reason they should be blocking me but they are. I can't even login to my account through any merchant. Used my paypal credit and lade a large purchase once and boom you are done. Let the robots decide when you will be able to pay through your paypal account again. Absolutely ridiculous. Why even provide service if algorythems are deciding whether you can use your paypal account or not. Eveything is verified with paypal. At this point they can go to **bleep**. I hope enough people get together and sue this company so they can let u use your account to pay for things online.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.