Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

nelson_yun
Contributor
Contributor

how did you do it?

Login to Me Too

Danai1
Contributor
Contributor
Did you figure it out???
Login to Me Too

Donald94
Contributor
Contributor

I created my paypal account 4 days ago & linked my Visa Electronic 2 days ago.
The card was confirmed,all data OK bla bla bla...
So I had 1 person trying to send me 20 eus (Note that my primary currency is EU) and guess what,he couldn't send me anything & he was having this same error "The transaction could not be completed at this moment,etc etc,same annoying error"
this is the error (in french).

"Nous ne pouvons pas envoyer votre paiement pour l'instant. Si vous continuez à rencontrer ce problème, contactez PayPal.

Contactez-nous"
Okay,then I asked to a friend of mine (from Netherland) to try & send me money.Guess again,he couldn't either.Same ffff problem...
So i decided to upgrade my acount to Business account,from Personal & decided to give it another shot.
Saaaameeeee problem !!!!
What in the world is wrong ?
2 different accounts that can't send anything to me & also,important,they can send money to each other,already tried & worked.
It's 2017 & from the forum I see that this problem exists since over 7 long years.
No bueno paypal,no bueno ...

Login to Me Too

EwF
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing. I've created a business account , made a test payment. Now money is on my account but can't do with it nothing, neither send it to another user nor buy something on Internet. I am thinking to stop using PayPal if that s* won't be solved in few weeks. Seriously, this payment system is messed up.

Login to Me Too

dustinrmcl
New Community Member

SOLUTION!! 

I called PayPal mulitiple times after receiving this message when trying to make a purchase using PayPal Credit. The first rep on the phone had said that it was for security measures and to try again in an hour, which I do appreciate. So waited about 12 hours and still nothing. Tried again and again and nothing. Called back and the new rep said I shouldn't keep trying and it was becasue I didn't have a transaction history that their system was flagging it.

I scoured this forum until I found something that someone had posted about changing your preferred payment method. I changed my preferred payment method to PayPal Credit and it worked! Best of luck! 

Login to Me Too

Sheps

How do i change my preffered payment option to paypal credit?

Login to Me Too

Temp20240115AJ
New Community Member

This works.

Login to Me Too

ktranco

If you're trying to purchase a product on your own website, try increasing the price of the item. I have an international account and it only worked when i moved my price from $1 dollar to $30 dollars. Consider the exchange rate in US dollars and the paypal fees for transfer of funds. Hope this works out for you.

Login to Me Too

xXN0rthStarXx
Contributor
Contributor
I had this problem to for a while. When you enter your phone number when your purchasing something, they will send you a text confirming that you are trying to complete the purchase. If you enter a house phone number it will not work(Don't worry they won't call and try to sell stuff). Reply yes to the text and go through the purchase again and it should work.
Login to Me Too

Wryme

Same issue here. Sold a Steam item for paypal funds, trying to buy an amazon card at paypal-gifts. As soon as I click "Buy for me" it sends me to a screen with that error. Pretty frustrating when paypal will instantly accept money but refuses to let it go. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.