Somebody (with AUTHORITY) at Paypal should read this....(ebay/Cancelled/Refund)

Irismoon12
Contributor
Contributor

Not really looking for help here, but someone with authority should read (AND FIX!) this. I'll keep it brief and point form:

1) Purchased ebay item with CREDIT CARD

2) Seller immeadiately CANCELLED transaction and recived email from ebay telling me such.

3) FIVE days later get an email from PAYPAL saying you should recive a refund "soon" to CREDIT CARD

4) FOUR days later (NINE total) get an email from PAYAPL saying you've receive the refund in your PAYPAL account, no mention WHATSOEVER of refund will be made to CREDIT CARD.

5) Check PAPAL balance, nothing there. Check CREDIT CARD, no refund there either.

6) Check fine print of PAYAPAL email from #5 above, and NONE of the instructions match ANYTHING that ACTUALLY shows on my PAYAPAL homepage etc. specifically with regards to a "HISTORY TAB" (See verbatim text below).

7) Check FAQ at PAYPAL website, which says the same INCORRECT information as email #5 above.

If none of the above seems odd/incorrect/wrong then let me explain what's wrong with this:

A) NINE days after a canecllation I haven't recieved my refund, which frankly is ridiculous.

B) If such a long period is required then why not SAY that in the VERY FIRST email (which you don't even get, see below) as soon as the order is cancelled?

C) Why don't I get an email from PAYPAL the DAY the transaction etc. is cancelled (I got one from ebay)?

D) Why is PAYPAL telling me I have a refund when I DON'T actually have the refund

E) Why does the department composing the autoreply email about refunds actually know what a PAYPAL page looks like when you log in?

F) Why doesn't the website deprtament speak to the email department and make sure that BOTH actually provide the correct information beacsue at this point BOTH are wrong....

This is what the email and FAQ say:

If the payment is not reflected in your PayPal balance, please check the status of the transaction in your Account History. Log in to your account and go to the History subtab of the My Account tab.

There is NO "HISTORY" Tab...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Irismoon12

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.