Refund2

darkreign27
Contributor
Contributor

Mar 8, 2014     Refund From    Digital River, Inc.

Completed
    Details Refund From Digital River, Inc.         $20.00 USD

Refund From  Digital River, Inc.

Completed

Details Refund From Digital River, Inc.         $20.00 USD

Refund From    Digital River, Inc.

Completed
    Details Refund From Digital River, Inc.      $20.00 USD

Because of their server lagg I purchased too much of something on a game on March 8th. It says it has completed the refund and I saw on the other Refund topic on here that it should have shown up back on my paypal account but I have not seen the 60 dollars anywhere. It's like it vanished into digital air. My bank shows no record of credit back on the chequing account but apparently the funds taken out don't go back into the bank? It just shows me the money taken out on the account.

Paypal though also shows 0 balance so I am a bit frustrated it's been 8 days for this refund to even show a sign of it going through just says completed but it is not? Is this wait due to the bank putting a hold on something? I already sent a support e-mail to Paypal as well with no reply. I have yet to receive any sign of a reply except a notification that it was sent and I would get a "reply in 24 hours" that didn't happen so I'm trying here. Also if this money ever returns and goes into the paypal account how do I retrieve the paypal balance into 'real' money to put back into the bank where it came from if it's possible. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

darkreign27
Contributor
Contributor

No haven't touched it so that it wouldn't mess anything up I was waiting for the refund before I'd purchase anything else.

Login to Me Too

darkreign27
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help anyway though it finally came through after 11 days almost it showed up in the paypal balance. Just was odd never had such a long wait even for Paypal. I guess I'll expect this in the future from this atleast it  actually exists now.

Login to Me Too

EpicBones
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely ridiculas the amount of time it takes to get YOUR money back from PayPal. Thnk it is a coincidence that PayPal takes two weeks to transfer the money back to YOUR bank account? ot likely, this just makes it more tempting to the user to use the money in the PayPal account so they can make money from the transaction.

Total scam...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.