Refund on HOLD

Roen
New Community Member

It has been 6 days since I was refunded by seller. It took so fast for Paypal to take my payment out fo my account. Why is it that its taking such a long time to give me back my refund? Paypal is very good on taking away but **bleep** aweful on giving back. How long must I wait for my refund to go through??? This is almost $400 in refund that I am stuck waiting for.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7  days for funds to come from your bank, as paypal use electronic transfer via the direct debit mandate.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order. That is why we get buyers on here confused that the seller has been "paid" but the funds have not left their bank account yet.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.