Question about buying with funds from two sources

RyanABCQ
New Community Member

The following values simplified for clarity: If I have a $10 Paypal balance (funds held in the paypal account) and $10 in the primary bank account that is linked to my paypal, can I pay for a $20 purchase on ebay  in one shot, or do I need to move the money such that $20 exists entirely in paypal or entirely in my bank account.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MFR
Contributor
Contributor
I have a similar question, what if my credit card didnt completly cover an ebay payment could I use money from either my paypal balance or bank account in addition the the credit card for a single payment? What if the currency of the balance / account wasn't the same as the price listed on ebay?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi RyanABCQ and MFR,

Welcome! 😄

In the situation you describe, you would not need to add the $10 first if a bank account and back-up credit card are on file to enable Instant Transfers from the bank or card.  That way the seller is paid immediately and the $10 in the PayPal account is debited right away.

If only a bank account is on file, Instant Transfers are not available so the $10 would have to be added to the PayPal account first.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.