Prepaid Mastercard gift card for payments?

lenlu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I made the mistake of buying three Mastercard gift cards in the amount of $100 each to buy something on Ebay. I applied them to Paypal and registered them without a problem. What I didn't think about, was that each gift card had a different number and therefore the funds couldn't be combined. As a result, I don't think I can buy the item and make three payments using up my gift cards as they are viewed as three separate credit cards. Is this right? Does Paypal allow combined payments using more than one card? 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What you cannot do is split a single payment between 2 or more bank accounts, 2 or more credit/debit card accounts or a bank account and a credit/debit card account. In addition, you cannot split a single payment between 2 PayPal accounts.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What you cannot do is split a single payment between 2 or more bank accounts, 2 or more credit/debit card accounts or a bank account and a credit/debit card account. In addition, you cannot split a single payment between 2 PayPal accounts.

Login to Me Too

The_Dew_Man
Contributor
Contributor

So what your saying, is that you can only use the exact amount on a giftcard or a lesser ballance ??

Login to Me Too

nadaine
New Community Member
I was wondering why when you add an additional prepaid card to pay pal why it doesn't combine to make the one total? That way we can use the remaining amount to purchase items to have less problems. Im new to this and ive been missed with by the first card company so had to buy another and its not enuff left to finish my orders
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.