Payment refund back to my bank?

ToFunator
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy an item from someone but they said they couldn't wait for an eCheck so he canceled the order which iwas okay with. So after I got my refund back I realized it turned into paypal credit.

So i'm wondering if I can get the money back into my bank account because my paypal account is linked to my bank account is this possible?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ToFunator -

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you merchant wasn't willing to be patient and receive your payment.  If you don't wish to keep the funds in PayPal to instantly fund your next purchase, you can send the funds back to your bank using the "Withdraw" tab up top. 

In the future, if you'd like to make instant transfers without adding funds into your balance, adding a card will allow you to make use of an Instant Bank transfer.  While it doesn't technically speed up the bank transfer process, PayPal pays your merchant in advance and you'll receive your item sooner.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ToFunator -

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you merchant wasn't willing to be patient and receive your payment.  If you don't wish to keep the funds in PayPal to instantly fund your next purchase, you can send the funds back to your bank using the "Withdraw" tab up top. 

In the future, if you'd like to make instant transfers without adding funds into your balance, adding a card will allow you to make use of an Instant Bank transfer.  While it doesn't technically speed up the bank transfer process, PayPal pays your merchant in advance and you'll receive your item sooner.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

ToFunator
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You're welcome!  Please don't hesitate to stop in again!

Login to Me Too

asavage444
New Community Member
I am having a similar dilema. I have a seller cancel the echeck. Paypal says it never cleared but my bank definitly cleared it. Paypal says the money went back into my account but it did not. The is no balanced listed in my paypal account either so wheres the money?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

asavage444 -

If your bank paid the eCheck, but the merchant has refunded it, the refund will arrive into PayPal three to five business days after you started the transfer.  All bank transfers in PayPal take 7-8 business days to arrive (Canada - US is 3 to 5), at which point they are either placed in your balance or forwarded immediately on to the merchant.

Since your merchant has cancelled the purchase, these will go into your balance as soon as the processing completes.  From there, you'll have the option to maintain it in your account or send it back to the bank.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.