Payment is "Temporarily pending while we review it"

Brian11
Contributor
Contributor

I just made a purchase, a purchase pretty much the same as I have done a dozen times before but was greeted with this message:

Your payment is temporarily pending while we review it. Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. We'll contact you about this again in 24-72 hours.

Now I bought something that is only available for 24 hours, a t-shirt design that is sold for one day and a new one the next. If my payment hasn't gone through that means my order can't be completed thus I miss out on the shirts. I'll be pretty ticked off if that's the case. There's a little red flag next to the payment in my account summary mouseover says it's under review.

Does anyone know why I got that message or how this works?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately no one here can view user account details, only customer support can do that.  All we can tell you is that the PayPal system does random security checks.  The system is programmed check accounts for things like verification, purchase patterns, histories of disputes, refunds and other things.  You can always try contacting customer support with your concerns.

Login to Me Too

Temp20171202
New Community Member

I had this problem on several occasion. Paypal are a bunch of dimwits. What a disgusting company.

@Brian11 wrote:

I just made a purchase, a purchase pretty much the same as I have done a dozen times before but was greeted with this message:

Your payment is temporarily pending while we review it. Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. We'll contact you about this again in 24-72 hours.

Now I bought something that is only available for 24 hours, a t-shirt design that is sold for one day and a new one the next. If my payment hasn't gone through that means my order can't be completed thus I miss out on the shirts. I'll be pretty ticked off if that's the case. There's a little red flag next to the payment in my account summary mouseover says it's under review.

Does anyone know why I got that message or how this works?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.