Payment completed but hasn't left my bank account

XoRubyXo
New Community Member
Hello, I'm new to posting here. And I made a purchase on Friday, July 29. I had a balance on my paypal account, and paid the rest with instant transfer. The order's status is complete, and the item has shipped, but the charge didn't come out of my bank account. My paypal balance is at 0.00, so I'm wondering what happened with my payment? Does it just take a few days for the money to be transferred, and if so, why is there no confirmation of this? I'm just wondering if I should contact paypal, or just wait for it to come out? Has anyone dealt with an issue like this? Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XoRubyXo

When you pay a seller funded or part funded from your bank account then it is never instant.

Paypal CREDIT the seller (so you don't get a delay with your item being shipped), and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to them to pay them back.

So the funds can leave your bank account at any time from 2 hours up to 3 days later, but as long as the transaction is marked as completed then your seller has been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XoRubyXo

When you pay a seller funded or part funded from your bank account then it is never instant.

Paypal CREDIT the seller (so you don't get a delay with your item being shipped), and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to them to pay them back.

So the funds can leave your bank account at any time from 2 hours up to 3 days later, but as long as the transaction is marked as completed then your seller has been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

XoRubyXo
New Community Member
Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.