PayPal asks "Did you recently attempt to make a payment for..."

anthonyliu
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have used PayPal many times in the past without issues, and this is the first time I have had any problem. When I tried to pay for something online with PayPal, the transaction went through, but then I received a text saying

"Did you recently attempt to make a payment for $12.34 CAD? Reply "1" if yes and you will need to reattempt your payment, reply "2" if no. Msg and Data rates apply"

I replied with 1 because I did, but then I received another text saying "Invalid phone number or email." But in PayPal it says the payment was fine.

Do I need to do anything in order to pay, or is this just a bug?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Evilyn
New Community Member
Any answer on this? Did you get your stuff? It just happened to my boyfriend and the vendor was less than helpful.
Login to Me Too

FNetV1
Contributor
Contributor

Today I got the same text message from Paypal at 3:25 AM. 

The content of the message was:

"PayPal: Did you recently attempt to make a payment for $500.00 USD? Reply "1" if yes and you will need to reattempt your payment, reply "2" if no, and the payment will remain declined. Msg and Data rates apply"

and I am glad they did, because I did not authorized that transaction.

At around 4 PM today I repied with "2" (without quotation mark) to signal that I did not authorized that transaction and then immediately got the same reply you got, which content was:

"PayPal: Payment not completed. Invalid phone number or email. Include area code and please try again. Example: send 34.99 to 415-000-1234"

So anyways, I am assuming that the payment stayed not sent, if it gets sent anywhere in the future it shall get disputed.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

Hi FNetV1,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with sending payments from your account.

I recommend contacting our customer service teams for further assistance if you are still seeing this issue on your end.

You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal). We would be happy to take a look into what options that might be available to you.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.