Items way too cheap

Lalous
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

there is a website powered by MyShopify, and they are selling an item that is way cheaper than elsewhere. If I pay with PayPal, will the buyer protection refund me if I don't recieve my item ? I can see on the bottom left corner some notifications that are showing me that people are buying right now. But I feel like there isn't enough information on the website. I want to make sure that If it ends up a scam, my money will be refunded with the purchase protection.

Thank you !

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Lalous,

Great question! You can find details on PayPal's Purchase Protection and how to dispute a charge if you don't receive what you're paying for here. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Lalous
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply ! 

I see that some items aren't elligible for the purchase protection. The item that I am trying to buy is an Antminer S9 (bitcoin miner). There are so much scammers out there trying to sell these things. Do you think my item should be elligible for the purchase protection ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Lalous,

Thanks for following up, I'm happy to help! If it's a physical bitcoin miner (meaning they're mailing you the item) and it never arrives, you'll be covered by Purchase Protection. If it's digital, you can still file a dispute, but it's not as certain as a physical good because we ask the seller to prove you received something from them. Hopefully this answers your questions!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Lalous
Contributor
Contributor

Yes thank you it's clear now ! Last thing before I purchase my item...

What kind of proof do I need to give you ? Just so I can prepare myself if anything happens. I took a screenshot of the offer on the website, and I will keep a copy of all the transactions. Do you need anything in particular ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Lalous,

We wouldn't request any documentation from you when the dispute is filed. I would suggest keeping the screenshots, and any conversations you have with the seller, just for your records. Otherwise, good luck with the purchase, I hope it turns out okay! 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Lalous
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to make my purchase, but I keep getting this error message from PayPal

EDIT: Nevermind 🙂 I got it fixed by changing my email, then putting back the old one during the check out.

image.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.