Invoice doesn't show up

corimo
Contributor
Contributor
I am doing a transaction with another woman. She sent me a PayPal invoice, I received the PayPal email to pay it, but when I click the link in the email or log into my account the invoice is not there. I asked her to send me another invoice, which she claims that she has. Nothing shows up. What can I do? I do not want to just send her money, I want the invoice (is it not more secure that way should the transaction go awry?). Thank you for any insight.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The invoice is just an email with a link.  Nothing concerning the invoice will show in your PayPal Account until after you actually pay for the item or service.  When receive an invoice, there a link that you click on which in turn redirects you the PayPal Checkout Screen.  Once you complete the checkout process, you will see a record of the transaction in your Account Transaction History.

Login to Me Too

corimo
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response. When I have done previous transactions, I click the email link and I can pay the invoice (all the info pertaining to the transaction is there). With this transaction, when I click the link, it is a generic paypal menu. My only option to pay her is to fill out the 'send money' option. Is that normal?
Login to Me Too

washamur
New Community Member

Not sure if you got this figured out, but this just happened to me. We figured out that the other party had actually sent me a "Money Request" instead of an invoice. Once we corrected that problem, everything worked fine.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.