How can I pay with both PayPal balance and credit card?

Netherst0rm
Contributor
Contributor

I want to make a purchase for something online, but I don't have quite enough money in my PayPal balance to do so. I have a credit card linked to my account, so how would I be able to pay with the PayPal balance and let the credit card pay the extra money that cannot be paid off with the balance (vice versa). I know I did this before one time, I just forget how I went about on doing it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally you never need funds in your paypal account balance to pay for items, paypal will take it directly from any bank account or card you have linked.

However if you have funds in your paypal balance and go to pay then they will use those funds automatically and then transfer the rest from your funding source.

If you look when you pay it will tell you where they are debited the funds for your purchase from just above the amount to be paid during the payment process. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

larryf58
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to get this answer myself a while back, but no one could confirm that the paypal balance would be used first.

Thank you for your straight forward answer.

Larry

Login to Me Too

Netherst0rm
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, thanks a lot. 

Login to Me Too

Netherst0rm
Contributor
Contributor

*deleted*

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.