Help with slow transfer time

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so I've been making quite a few purchases, but they seem to be taking a lot of time to process from my paypal to my bank account or vice versa. 

I've read somewhere that if you were to hook up any other card (i.e. MasterCard, Visa, etc) that the transfer speed would be

automatic and instant, however, even after linking another card, nothing changed. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

But I was wondering, when I buy an item and want the transaction to be instant, do I have to have funds on my paypal or no?

No you never need funds in your paypal account as a buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so in that case I have no idea what the problem is.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'm pretty lost as well on this one.

If you have your bank account added / verified / have added the 4 digit code and set up the direct debit mandate AND got a confirmed card as well then you should be able to do instant payments WHEN YOU BUY.

Suggest if this is not the case you touch base with customer services and ask what the problem is as they can view your account.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure about this direct debit mandate (if it's having confirmed and verified bank account / cards, then nevermind). 

I'll probably just end up contacting customer service a second time ( as the first time wasn't that great since the respond was an automated message about instant payment FAQs) 

Thanks a lot for your help though. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.