Help with slow transfer time

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so I've been making quite a few purchases, but they seem to be taking a lot of time to process from my paypal to my bank account or vice versa. 

I've read somewhere that if you were to hook up any other card (i.e. MasterCard, Visa, etc) that the transfer speed would be

automatic and instant, however, even after linking another card, nothing changed. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Where do I find the PayPal code to link and confirm my debit or credit card?

You can find your 4-digit PayPal code on your debit or credit card statement next to or near the charge amount.

Your code will look like this in the item description section of your statement:

PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE

Please allow 2 to 3 business days for the PayPal code to appear on your online card statement. If you do not have online access to your statement, you'll need to wait for your statement in the mail.

To enter the 4-digit PayPal code to confirm your card there should be a notification on your home page. Otherwise:

1. Log in to your account and click Wallet.
  2. Click the card you're confirming.
  3. Enter the 4-digit PayPal code and submit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you confirmed the cards?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

How do I go about doing that? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Where do I find the PayPal code to link and confirm my debit or credit card?

You can find your 4-digit PayPal code on your debit or credit card statement next to or near the charge amount.

Your code will look like this in the item description section of your statement:

PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE

Please allow 2 to 3 business days for the PayPal code to appear on your online card statement. If you do not have online access to your statement, you'll need to wait for your statement in the mail.

To enter the 4-digit PayPal code to confirm your card there should be a notification on your home page. Otherwise:

1. Log in to your account and click Wallet.
  2. Click the card you're confirming.
  3. Enter the 4-digit PayPal code and submit.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

I just confirmed my cards, but the pending transactions are still showing. 

It might be because they were pending before my card was confirmed. 

Either way, I think it'll work.

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK going back to the start here, you have actually added your bank account have you ?

Added it and confirmed it setting up the direct debit mandate?

Because you can't withdraw funds to a card in the UK only to an actual bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so I wanted to test if it actually worked by transfering some money from my bank account onto my paypal, but when I did, the transaction would still be pending. 

When I checked for how long it said it would be pending for 3-9 days.

So, recap, it didn't work. I still don't have direct transfer even after confirming and setting up another card.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

But it always takes that time when you actually transfer funds from your bank account > paypal.

Its only when you buy an item and let paypal automatically take the funds themselves from your bank account that it is instant as paypal credit the seller for you and then they take the wait for the funds to transfer.

But they only take the risk of doing that if you have a back up card linked as well.

So are you saying you have a back up card linked and confirmed and when you click to pay its still pending??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

I have a bank account and another card linked, both confirmed, yet the payments and the transactions are not direct.

Login to Me Too

nkader
Contributor
Contributor

But I was wondering, when I buy an item and want the transaction to be instant, do I have to have funds on my paypal or no?

Because if so, then I'm pretty sure thats the problem. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.