Help With IBT

mistertimn
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently set up a PayPal account to accept donations for a Minecraft server, as well as pay for the server hosting. Occasionally, I will use the account for personal purchases. Just yesterday (Nov 27 '13) I paid for a game on Steam using IBT, and everything went through without a hitch. The money has yet to come out of my bank account, but the payment is marked as 'Completed'. I currently also have an eCheque transfer (I believe it is called that) for some money from my bank account to my PayPal balance, it's marked as 'Processing'. My question is, when I went back to Steam today to make another IBT purchase (they have a sale on), how come my bank account is no longer available for payment? Only the backup credit card is. I really would like to be able to use IBT consistantly for not only personal purchases, but for the recurring payment to the Minecraft server host. Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

It possibly could be the security system stopping the bank to be allowed as a funding source.

Also it might be worth checking the direct debit with the bank is set up okay.

If the back up funding source fails verification that can sometimes cause IBTs to not go through as well. Check the card is all up to date and in your name with the same billing address as your bank.

If not, just get some funds onto your PayPal balance using the 'add funds' option, then your payments will come instantly and directly from there.

Hope this helps 

Login to Me Too

mistertimn
Contributor
Contributor

Would it have anything to do with the name on the account? The name on PayPal is different than the name on the bank account. The weird thing is if that's the case, why would the account verify?

Login to Me Too

dustyn1
New Community Member

hi i just tryed buying an online game and got an error and paypal take off 1.07 thats not fair  soo ever time i try there going take a dollar off im scared to even try again cause if it dosnt work then i dont wont to lose anther dollar

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.