Help! Payment crashing and not going through!

smiffington
Contributor
Contributor

I won an auction for a laptop on Ebay. My Ebay account and Paypal account are verified and confirmed and all that jazz. I payed for the laptop, but ebay showed that I had sent no payment, and paypal had no record of me sending a payment, and my bank account didn't have anything deducted. I got an email the next day that my payment did not go through and I have to re-submit it. So I did... and when I was paying, paypal said my bank account was all of a sudden not verified (I have used instant transfer a dozen times before) and the only way it would let me pay was with an e-check that would not go through for 8 days. I selected the e-check, and finished the payment process, but there is absolutely no indication on paypal, my ebay, or my bank account that the payment is in any stage of sending. I sent the seller a message to see if he had anything strange going on but I have not heard back from him. Does anyone know what is going on? I am a student and every day I don't get this laptop I am getting farther behind on reports; and I have 500 in limbo somewhere!

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

dbb1103
New Community Member

I do not have an answer for you but just thought I would let you know you are not alone. Feedback of 1900 and multiple purchases over $1000, some as high as $9000 and all of a sudden my credit card and instant transfers from my bank account do not work. No disputes or anything like that. The last 6 purchases have had to be echeck or nothing. And sellers do not like them. Just hoping Paypal gets their act together so we do not have the hassle of echecks. hope all works out for you. Doug

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi smiffington and dbb1103. Welcome to the Community!

When Instant Transfer has been offered all along and suddenly isn't anymore, it's typically because something's happened with the credit card on file. If a card is close to expiration or the issuer declines a payment, there may no longer be a valid backup payment source on file, and that will cause Instant Transfer to become unavailable as an option.

Your best bet is to check your Profile and make sure that there is a confirmed credit card on file.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MonteChristoSta
New Community Member

Thanks -- this was a big help.  I updated my account (my credit card was expiring) and that seems to have fixed things.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi MonteChristoSta, and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for posting to let us know this helped! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.