Dilema

curiousH
New Community Member

What happens if a payment was sent into an account and that account has been canmcelled before receiving the payment?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then you can't get the money.

Need more details really, is it your account, do you have more than one, was the payment sent to the correct account etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi curiousH,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

When a payment is sent to an email address for which no open PayPal account exists, an email is sent to the recipient inviting them to open an account to receive the payment.

The recipient can simply open a new account! 🙂

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They said the account was cancelled, can they re-open a cancelled account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Good question, kernowlass! 🙂

A closed account cannot be reopened, but a new account may be opened with that email address.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.