Canadian Bank Declining Transfer

abluesgirl

I have been exclusively using paypal for shopping from the same website: Etsy.

I have never had a problem making purchases (Instant Transfers). 

In the last week of March, two purchases went through with no problems. Then I made another purchase for 255 USD and I got an email saying that my Canadian bank declined the purchase and it was charged automatically to my credit card. This happened with 3 purchases. 

Then when I tried to make a payment again, the instant transfer option was whited out and not available. So I chose an e-check (I have funds in my bank account). I just got an email saying my bank refused my e-check. 

I called my bank and they have no record of funds even being attempted on a withdrawl and they said this about all the declined transactions. They have no record of Paypal trying to take money. 

Now a seller has contacted me saying my payment didn't go through(e-check) (on two things); my bank says they didn't decline. But paypal keeps declining e-transfers and won't let me make instant transfers now. 

I don't know what to do.......

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi abluesgirl,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I'm going to assume that you have not made any changes to the bank information on file with PayPal.  I'm also going to assume that the bank has not sent as a NOC(Notice of change) regarding the bank information.  A Notice of Change occurs when a bank detects that incorrect routing or account numbers are being used.  They send an update to the other financial institution to let them know of the correction.  When PayPal receives a Notice of Change, the information is automatically updated in our system.

It's also possible that if a Non Canadian bank account was added as a Canadian bank, that could result in issues but that is unlikely as you stated that it was working in the past.

So assuming that neither of those changes have occurred and the bank had been used successfully in the past, there is no reason why the transfers should stop working due to an issue on the PayPal side.

This is a situation where a PayPal employee will need to review your account to determine if the issue is happening with your bank or with PayPal.  Please contact Customer Service so the account can be reviewed.

Another option you could try before contacting Customer Service is to remove the bank and re-add it to your account.

I hope this information helps. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.