Can't buy things with bank account on steam.

William5899
Contributor
Contributor

A few days ago, I could buy games off steam with my bank account (had a backup credit card) and now it doesn't seem to let me select my bank account/debit card. Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance 😄

-William

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Gunder
Contributor
Contributor

Yep i have the same problem: Debit card disappeared into the void and i have no option to add it or any other debit card. Seems to be a major problem around here. Ive been looking on these forums and the only solution i havent seen disproved is removing your bank account and then adding it again [hopefully without having to confirm it another time]. I would try it myself but i have to wait 6-8 days for a payment to clear. Anyways if your up to it try it yourself [and please tell me if it works], otherwise it doesnt look like the problem is getting fixed anytime soon.

Login to Me Too

William5899
Contributor
Contributor

Yea it works if its like 10$ or less but anything higher, gone

Login to Me Too

Nogrim
New Community Member

same issue here was trying to buy arma2 for dayz.

wtf is up with this if its no longer working with steam i no longer have a use for paypal

Login to Me Too

Randomwolf
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, what's going on? The reason I started using PayPal in the first place is that it didn't penalize me for not having a credit card. This is incredibly frustrating.

Login to Me Too

lei_lei_lei_lei
Contributor
Contributor

so am i. its **bleep** me off. like ive been recently using it without any problems. where do you think is the problem occuring? paypal's side or steam's side?

Login to Me Too

Bl2k3
New Community Member

If anybody could figure this out it would be very helpful. I'm really annoyed that it's not allowing me to buy anything anymore. It won't even work for a $5 game.

Login to Me Too

wwesn
Contributor
Contributor

I think the issue is on paypals side because it also stopped working for me on themeforest.net (though on some other sites it still works.)

Login to Me Too

KyleEG

Just started happening with me. It was still glitchy working yesterday and in previous weeks (payments went through but it was giving me errors) now it just asks for a credit card. My bank balance isn't particularly high at the moment but there's more than enough money in there for a few $50 games allowing for $20+ in fees.

Edit and it says I can add a debit card but mine does not have a CSC code or an expiry date so it would seem they only want the credit card.

Is there something I am missing? Do I need to go out and get apply for a credit card (didn't bother renewing after my last one expired)? Frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Keiishi
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here, i've been buying stuff on steam through paypal because i don'T have a credit card, dont plan on getting one, and paypal made it possible to buy stuff online without needing one. But it now keeps telling me i need to add a credit card to my account to make the purchase i try to make.

My account has been verified for a while and everything has been going smoothly...

To be honest, paypal is pretty much useless if i'm force to enter a credit card on here, i could just as well use the credit card on steam myself right off, but i still dont want to get a credit card...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.