Can't add funds to Paypal

Rîngo
Contributor
Contributor

For the last couple of days, I'm unable to add funds to my Paypal account.  When I go to "Add Money", my confirmed bank account is selected, but greyed out.  I'm able to enter an amount to add, but when I click "Add", nothing happens.  This is the first time in a year and a half I have encountered this issue.  No previous forum posts offered a solution... any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rîngo

Thats odd then, but you do know you don't HAVE to upload funds to your paypal account balance to pay don't you?

As long as you have a linked funding source ie bank or cards then paypal take direct from there.

Not sure why your bank account is greyed out though, your best bet is to phone customer services and ask them to check the reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rîngo

Have you had a dispute made against you OR have you had a failed bank transfer from your bank account either paying someone or transfering funds??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rîngo
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I know I haven't.  I've only transferred money barely a handful of times.  I use PP for Netflix, so every 5-6 months I transfer enough to cover several months of service.  Checking back through my payment history, every month has been paid successfully; the last one was Jan.18, 2016, after which was when I first started attempting to add more funds to PP.  My entire payment history consists of   "Netflix.com, Preapproved payment, $7.99"

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rîngo

Thats odd then, but you do know you don't HAVE to upload funds to your paypal account balance to pay don't you?

As long as you have a linked funding source ie bank or cards then paypal take direct from there.

Not sure why your bank account is greyed out though, your best bet is to phone customer services and ask them to check the reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rîngo
Contributor
Contributor

Oh... I actually didn't know I didn't have to move funds over to my Paypal account.  Well, that certainly makes payments much easier.   🙂

So that means once the funds in my PP account have been used, the monthly charge will just be automatically deducted from my bank account (which is my confirmed linked second source)?  I'm not terribly worried about getting the greyed out bank account resolved if it doesn't affect future monthly payments in any way. 

Thanks for the help! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.